With regret we have to inform all interested parties that NASSS will not be able to finance any panels or individual members in 2017 with any amount. Please revisit this page in 2017 for information about funding possibilities in 2018.
For financial aid in 2017 apply directly to ASEEES only.
Link to ASEEES Travel Awards is here.
Guidelines for applications:
Candidates need to supply the following documentation:
- Original letter of panel/paper acceptance from ASEEES
- Abstract of paper OR panel/roundtable description (in the case of the latter, please include names and institutional affiliation of the other participants, as well as titles of their presentations)
Criteria for financial aid:
All applications are read by the NASSS Executive Board and a limited amount of grants will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Most promising application
- Greatest financial need
- Availability of funds varies each year.
Awardees' obligations to NASSS:
- Paper presented by stipend holders (or another paper selected by Awardee) must submitted to Serbian Studies journal for publication in the year following ASEEES Convention
- Deadline for applications: June 15 of the year in which the Convention is held
Please email applications in single .pdf file directly to the President of NASSS. Candidates will be notified of a decision by July 5.